I am going to post some of my daily meals but first, let me explain my breakfast that I am absolutely loving……Bullet Proof Coffee. Well, that is the name of the original coffee butter combination.
You see it all started with Dave Asprey, founder of Bulletproof and author of New York Times bestseller The Bulletproof Diet. Asprey is a Silicon Valley investor and technology entrepreneur who spent two decades and over $300,000 to hack his own biology. More here https://blog.bulletproof.com/about-dave-asprey/ Back to
My recipe below is a little different to the original recipe (which is made on black coffee)
- 1 medium size Latte with 2 shots of expresso
- 5 mls of MCT Oil
- 5 mls of Coconut Oil
- 20 gram cube of Westgold Unsalted NZ Butter (Grass fed)
- 2 drops of Stevia liquid
The combination of the delicious butter and oil in the creamy Latte is the most amazing way to start the day. The mental acuity that I get from this drink is incredible.
Here are 5 reasons why Bullet Proof Coffee or my version of it – is great for you, thanks to the team at http://nextshark.com/5-reasons-why-everyone-is-putting-butter-in-their-coffee/:
Most cows are corn or soy fed. It’s cheap and filling, but cows aren’t actually meant to eat that- they can’t even digest it properly- and their milk produces the kinds of fats you don’t want in your body.
Grass-fed cows on the other hand commonly produce the best milk and beef, and the butter made from those cows is just as good.
1. Only grass-fed butter has the right fats that regulate cholesterol, not add to it. Grass-fed butter has the best ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids (which reduces body fat) and is a good source of vitamin K, both of which according to a studies reduce the risk of heart disease.
2. It provides healthy fats for your brain and body to create cell walls (membranes) and hormones. The short-chain fatty acid Butyrate, once thought to be bad for you, has been linked to preventing neurodegenerative diseases, increased energy expenditure, and is also anti-inflammatory, further preventing heart disease.
3. Drinking it each morning puts your body in the routine to burn fat all day, helping you trim down overall. CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), found in grass-fed butter, has been shown to reduce body fat mass especially in overweight individuals.
4. “Bulletproof” coffee will give you energy as well as increase cognitive function that you can literally feel when it kicks in for about six hours- and without the crash. Mixed with more healthy fats from coconut oil, this amped up drink will help produce ketones, which are created when your body creates energy from fat rather than carbohydrates.
5. Two tablespoons of butter in your coffee is all you need to replace a breakfast meal altogether, making this a quick alternative for people on the go. Providing your body with essential fats and calories is a higher performance blend than a carbohydrate source like oatmeal.
Try it for yourself. It may take a little experimentation to get it right but see if it works for you.
Click on the Audible link below and search Keto Clarity. Download Keto Clarity for free – or click on the book link and order from Amazon!
Jimmy Moore, a prominent and highly respected health blogger and podcaster, has teamed up with Dr. Eric Westman, a practicing internist and nutrition researcher, to bring you one of the most unique books you’ll ever read on this subject, featuring exclusive interviews with twenty-nine of the world’s top experts from various fields to give you the complete lowdown on cholesterol. If you’re worried about any confusing medical jargon in this book, don’t be—this critical information is broken down for you to grasp what is really important and what is not.
Leading health blogger Jimmy Moore and researcher and internist Dr. Eric C. Westman join forces again to explain the powerful therapeutic effects of a ketogenic diet—one that combines a customized carbohydrate restriction, moderation of protein intake, and real food-based fats—which is emerging in the scientific literature as a means for improving a wide range of diseases, from Type 2 diabetes to Alzheimer’s and more. Simply eating a low-carb diet alone isn’t enough, and Moore and Westman tell you why.
Click on the book images to get the books now or go to the Audible image at the top or bottom of this page so that you can listen to the books for free.